Insurance considerations when opening a new bar or pub

When considering insurance for a pub or bar, it’s important to protect your business and its assets from potential risks. Here are some key types of insurance coverage you should consider:

  1. Public Liability Insurance: This insurance provides coverage for legal claims made by third parties for personal injury or property damage that occurs on your premises. It protects you if someone sues your bar for accidents or injuries sustained while on your property.
  2. Product Liability Insurance: If your bar serves food and beverages, product liability insurance is crucial. It covers any claims that arise due to illness, injury, or property damage caused by the products you sell.
  3. Property Insurance: This type of insurance protects your physical assets, such as the building, fixtures, furniture, and equipment, against perils like fire, theft, vandalism, and natural disasters. Make sure the policy covers the cost of rebuilding or repairing your premises and replacing any damaged or stolen items.
  4. Business Interruption Insurance: In the event of a covered peril that forces your bar to close temporarily, business interruption insurance helps cover lost income, ongoing expenses, and any additional costs required to resume operations.
  5. Workers’ Compensation Insurance: If you have employees, workers’ compensation insurance is usually mandatory. It covers medical expenses and lost wages for employees who suffer work-related injuries or illnesses.
  6. Theft and Crime Insurance: This coverage protects your business from losses due to theft, burglary, employee dishonesty, or other criminal activities.

When purchasing insurance, carefully assess your venue’s specific needs and consult with insurance providers such as us, Delmont Insurance who specialise in the hospitality industry. We can help tailor a policy that suits your business requirements. Remember to review policy terms, conditions, coverage limits, and exclusions to ensure comprehensive protection.

If you aren’t sure where to start, give us a call on (08) 6184 8724. Delmont Insurance Group – Your hospitality insurance specialist.